Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cinco Ranch

This is the school I interviewed at today. No, this is not "today". Someone else took this photo.

But, I think this is an excellent picture of how I felt as I left my interview.

It went sooooo well! So well, in fact, that I don't even care if I get the job (though I really want it!). I have never felt like I presented myself as well, or been more true to myself. I was in an a room with 8 other people... 2 principals and 6 teachers, and I guess you could say that I charmed the pants off of them. :) I smiled, laughed, made little jokes and, I think, made an impression. Even if I don't get it, I know that I did my absolute best.

On a side note, as I was coming into the interview, I met one of the AP's, who was at the Katy Job Fair. I maybe talked to her for 15... 20 minutes when I was there. They didn't have a position for a language arts at the time, but one for social studies and we talked a bit about that. I remember her mentioning my Aggie ring. Well, I guess she remembered me more than I thought. She told me that when she saw that a 7th grade language arts position had opened up, she told them- "I remember a girl that I met at the job fair. Let's call her in!" :) Yes, 3 weeks later and apparently I have still made an impression on people. :)

I am pretty proud of myself and how well I did. I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you for all the sweet e-mails and prayers! :) Love you!

1 comment:

valerie said...

so proud of you sweet, Kelly.