Sunday, October 5, 2008

Long time, no blog

I'm sure no one reads this, but in the off chance that you do and you have and you are, then thank you. I don't know how many people are really, truly interested in the life I lead and the thoughts I have, but it means a lot to me that you're here.

Well, a month has come and gone, and with it many changes. I am now a senior. This = scary! Im ready to graduate, but not really. I don't know what to feel. All I really know is that God is leading me to stay in College Station. This is where I need to be. I have no idea where my life is going from here, but I am excited.

I've started my methods semester, which means I am in a classroom 2 days a week. I am teaching at Cyprus Grove Elementary and I can honestly tell you that I love it so much. The school is wonderful, the kids are so much fun, my mentor teacher is a WONERFUL teacher and I am just having an overall amazing experience. I'm in a 5th grade English class. I know, perfect for me. This is the age that I LOVE. So yes, I am ready to be a teacher. Expect for the whole passing certification tests thing... ehhh

I've also been reading a LOT. But what else is new?! lol. My kids have really hooked me on some fun books and I really enjoy reading the same books they read. It makes me look at the world in a whole new way. I would recommend Suzanne Collins to anyone who likes kid fantasy books. I just finished her first Young Adult novel "The Hunger Games" and am in the 2nd book of her children's series "The Overland Chronicles".

I miss my old roommates. I was so comfortable with both of them. I could talk to them about anything. Now I'm not so sure...

I miss my mom. I've been dreaming about her a lot lately. I feel like I need her guidance more and more.

I'm still in ASC. I'm still VP. I feel completely drained. I feel inadequate. I feel like someone else could be doing my job better than me. But I also feel like this is where I need to be. I wish I could explain it better. My job is encouragement, but someone needs to encourage me. Anyways... yeah. I don't know where I was going.

I'm at Sweet Eugene's right now. I was going to do the little bit of homework I had left. I can't concentrate. I don't want to. I need a shower. I need a hug. I don't need a boyfriend... but I want one.

I will leave you for a bit. But blogging makes me feel better so I'm coming back.
Ok, that's all.

Love love love.

2 comments:

valerie said...

im so glad you updated. i need you to update more because i read it and come to it everyday just to see if youve written! i wish i was there to give you a hug! i miss my kelly hugs! i love you kelly. know that. miss you friend.

k lippe said...

kelly, I was blog hopping and found you through Val's blog (I am a friend of her sister Kaytie...). I just wanted to say that you are NOT inadequate...you are going through a rough time of change...everyone does it, no one talks about it. Those last years of school when some friends have left, you start work (where you love it but it is so different from anything you ever knew) and everything seems to change - it is a rough time. You will get through it. Surround yourself with your friends and stay in the word...let God be your light. He will guide you through all of this and his word will be your encouragement. Keep blogging...it is good to put down your feelings and it helps you think through things! Keep your chin up!