Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And all shall know the wonder...

Sunday afternoon will forever be on my mind as one of the best theatre experiences I have EVER had. Sunday I got to see the Tony Award Winner of 2007...

I have nothing but GOOD things to say... nay, not good- EXCELLENT. It such a beautiful, beautiful musical. I refuse to give anything away if you haven't seen it, but it is a musical that deals with so many issues that teens face- sexuality, first love, puberty, angst, confusion... the list goes on, but this musical takes it all on. And it has some of the best music, written by the INCREDIBLE Duncan Sheik! He is a music genius!!


My seat was FANTABULOUS! Here is a seating chart so you can see just how good it was:


Ok, look at the purple... and then find L on the right... YEP! I was THERE! This is the second closet I have ever been to the stage, and it was worth every penny!!


My cast was nothing short of miraculous. Their energy was amazing. Their acting real and raw. The voices were powerful and moving.




Christy and Kyle as Wendela (Vendala) and Melchior, were sensational!!



The B**** of Living was my FAVORITE number!! Those boys were INSANE!


And yes, the girls who awesome!! I love Gabby, in the red. I wish they would let her solo more- because she was FIERCE!

Sigh. I left my HEART with this musical. It was everything I was hoping it to be and more. If you live in HTown, it will be there til the 18th... GET A TICKET! And if you do- call me and I'll go with you. You can make it my graduation present. :)

And here is a video, since I don't leave you lacking, do i?! :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-yvzGjTvKo

This is my cast singing The B**** of Living. Gotta love 'em!!!!!!!!!

No comments: