Friday, January 2, 2009

Kelly's FAVORITE things #1

I will be updating you from time to time on things that I REALLY love. Like, silly things. Or yummy things. Or serious things. Who knows?! And who knows when you will get this kind of update? I guess when I feel like it.

So... without further ado...

My favorite thing #1:

AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS!!!!!


Hahaha. Yes, laugh yourself silly, but I truly love these dolls and books and yes, even movies! I went in my dad's closet when I was home, which used to be my mom's, and I got down my box that has them in it. I have 3: Kirsten (my first... I think I was in 3rd grade? Maybe?), a "look a like" doll, which they call Just Like You. She has brown hair and blue eyes. I know, she looks just like me. :)
The 3rd doll I have is Felicity. I LOVE her. She is my favorite! I bought her with my babysitting money in Middle School. Back when they were only, like, 70 dollars. Oh how times have changed.

Now, why do I love them so much??

1) They are POSITIVE role models for girls!! There are a lot of things out there that break my heart for this generation of kids. But American Girl Dolls are just such happy, positive reminders for girls that they BE anything and DO anything. Wonderful, wonderful!

2) Umm... they are SO cute!! Like, really, really cute! How can you not go Aww? When you see them?!

3) They all have books that go along with them, which encouarge girls to read! And you know how much I love reading.

4) There are 4 movies: Samantha, Felicity, Molly and Kit. There will also be a movie coming out soon with the new Girl of the Year, Chrissa. I find them very cute and entertaining- check them out!

5) They have their own STORE!!!!! No one knows how badly I want to go to this store! I found that there is one in Dallas, so I may need some girls to road trip with me up there. It must be a pretty amazing place. :)

To date, 9 American Girls, 5 Best Friends of American Girl Dolls, and they have had 7 "Girl of the Year" dolls to date, with the current Girl of the Year, Chrissa, having 2 Best Friends. I know! 2!!!
Here is a pic of Chrissa and her friends:

Are they not PRECIOUS?!

Ok, so now you know. I still love dolls! If I could, I would own them ALL. No lie. And if I ever find one, for like, REALLY cheap- heck yes I will buy it! I hope that one day I will have a little girl who loves dolls and American girls as much as I do!

No comments: