Saturday, January 3, 2009

Kelly's FAVORITE things #2

Ok, I know, I know...

It hasn't even been 24 hours. I'm going crazy. I'm super homesick. I have no connection to the room mate who is living with me at the moment. I don't really have any friends who are here, so I have no one to talk to. I have been in my room all day long. Alone. It's been a horribly depressing day.

But- on a happier note, I have another favorite thing! If you know me, you know all about it. But I've been missing it terribly- which I find myself missing when I am homesick or wish I could be anywhere else.

And what is it?? What could it possibly be?!


Yes. One of my favorite places of all time is the most amazing place in the world: The Houston Zoo. I want to work there. I love it more than any other place. I would go every week if I could.

Here are reasons that I love it:
1) The carnivores!!!! I worked in Carnivores the summer before my senior year of high school. It seems like so long ago- but it was the best summer I have ever had. It defenitely a blessing from the Lord. My dad and I were talking about the zoo the other day, and he told me that the Zoo was the one thing that I was passionate about. I mean, I did other things that I loved, but the Zoo was the one place that I would wake up at 6am for with no complaint. I scooped poop with a smile. I fell in love with EVERY animal that I met and got to work with.

Pandu and Jammu

Nieve

Miracle

2) The campers! I had the most fun teaching Zoo Camp the summer before I started college. It was so much fun, and I learned a LOT and I found out that I really love to teach kids. I especially love to teach kids about how wonderful animals are and how they can help save animals. The kids were precious, the days were HOT but the rewards were AMAZING. :)

The little blonde boy in front is my favorite camper- Julian. He was SO cute!

3) Ok, my favorite animal of ALL time was a Zebra named Adam. He came when I called him. He tried to follow me when it was time for me to leave. He loved me. I loved him. I miss him so much!



So, now you know. The zoo is the best place in the whole entire world! If you haven't been since you were a kid, then you have really missed out because the zoo is better than it's EVER been! I love it, and I hope you love it too!

1 comment:

valerie said...

KEL!
you should have called me if you were bored!!!! i miss you :)
i tried calling you a couple of times this week, but i know you are busy getting ready for your big day tomorrow. love you!