Monday, April 6, 2009

A Post Left to Be Titled For Various Reasons.

Whooo Hoo! It's Monday! My LAST Monday at JLMS. My LAST Monday to wake up at the crack of dawn for at LEAST another 5 weeks... I believe... possibly more than that.

As you can see, or may have been able to tell from my previous postings, I just love posting pictures. I always try to find on that fits my mood. This picture only fits part of my mood. The joyful-exhuberant-dancing-rocking out-hallelujah shouting-praise toting-jump jivin' and groovin' girl that I feel like at the moment. Only part of me feels this way- but a good part of me. I can not wait for school to be done. I can not wait to sleep in til 9!! (which is waaaaaaaaaaay late for me) I can not wait to be home and cuddle with my puppy dog! I can not wait to read every book that has been on my list of books to read since the beginning of time! I can not wait to start my job at the zoo! (I may get to work 8 weeks! But I'm not sure yet!)

Another part of me is sad. Part of me (as much as I hate to admit it) does not want to leave the school. I like most of the kids. I am very comfortable with most of the staff. I have not had the best mentor teachers, but I have learned so much from both of them. I have not had the easiest time adjusting but I did. I have cried my fair share of tears but I have come out a better and stronger person from it.
Now I have to say goodbye. Goodbye to JLMS. Goodbye to all of the wonderful teachers who have brought so much joy to my job. Goodbye to my dearest student teachers who have gotten me through this when I thought nothing else would. And even bigger goodbyes than these. Goodbye to College Station, where everything is familiar and safe. Goodbye to my wonderful church family, who I will miss more than words can say! Goodbye to all my girls at church who have impacted my life over the past 3 years... what will I do without you all?! Goodbye to my school friends, my A&M friends, the ones who get to stay when I have to leave it behind. Goodbye to my college career. It's been fun- the best 4 years of my LIFE. Seriously. Even without a boyfriend, it has been truly memorable.

So now I get to say I get to say hello to being an adult. To getting a job. To being the best teacher I can be, no matter where that is. To a new church family and new kids to love on. To a new boyfriend... or A boyfriend (how can he be new if he's the first?!) To letting God lead my life instead of leading it myself. Sigh. It's going to be real. And fun. And I am so glad that you are going to be here for the journey!

3 comments:

Elle said...

You are going to be such an amazing teacher. You are going to continue to touch children's lives in ways you won't even know, and You are going to have such a beautifully jeweled crown in Heaven. I have no doubt in your ability to impact people Kelly, because you've had that impact on me!
I'm going to miss seeing you every day!!

valerie said...

kelly kelly kelly. i am so proud of you.words cannot even express exactly HOW proud i am of you. you have conquered more in the past 4 years than a lot of people ever do. i'm glad i am part of that journey. praying for you sweet friend. congrats on your past 4 years! whoop :)

Heather said...

I am loving your attitude! You did it, Kelly! Life has such bigger and better things in store for you now! :)